The 14th Edition of Venice Days will take place from August 30th to September 9th, 2017.
The selections are open and will close on Friday, June 23th.
Until that date, you can send screeners together with the Entry form, which may be found in the >2017 Regulation<.
Please note that:
- films must be a World Premiere (exceptions can be made by the Director for International Premieres);
- only feature films, documentaries or TV series longer than 60 minutes are eligible;
- for the pre-selection are required a link for streaming/download or 3 copies of DVD or Blu-Ray screeners;
- if selected, films must be available in DCP format for the screenings in Venice;
- to submit a film to La Biennale and International Critics' Week, please contact their organizers.
The sole responsible of the selection is the Director Giorgio Gosetti, who is supported in the process by the Deputy Director Sylvain Auzou, the Head of Programming Gaia Furrer, Renata Santoro (film research and programming), and the Selection Committee composed by: Claudia Landsberger, Agnès Catherine Poirier, Tadeusz Sobolewski, Adrian Wootton.
The Official Awards of Venice Days are:
* the Venice Days Award, given by the Official Jury of Venice Days, headed by a filmmaker and composed by the participants to the program 28 Times Cinema of the European Parliament. The award consists is accompanied by a cash prize of €20,000, to be split equally between the filmmaker and the film's international distributor, who agrees to use the sum received to promote the winning film internationally.
* the BNL People's Choice Award for the films of the Official Selection, offered by BNL Gruppo BNP Paribas, Main Sponsor of Venice Days.
* the Label Europa Cinemas, dedicated to films produced and co-produced in Europe. The Label was created by a network of high-calibre European exhibitors, with the support of the EU's MEDIA Programme. It consists of a financial contribution towards distribution and promotion, as well as a guarantee for the winning film that it will be shown in the cinemas belonging to the network.
All the films participating to the Days are also in competition for the parallel awards, with a ceremony due to take place on the last day of the Festival.
First films are eligible for the "Luigi De Laurentiis Award Lion of the Future", granting 100.000 USD.